PDF: size: 133KB
Power supplied DC9V battery and back-up source
110V-240V AC mains power supply
Supply voltage DC12 to 30 volts
Rechargeable battery and lithium 10 year 9 volt batteries
Interconnect up to alarms
Red LED indicate alarm
Green LED mains indicator light to confirm mains power supply
Unique “battery missing” lockout
Hush feature to silence nuisance alarms
Low battery alarm
Relay contacts-volt free with Normally Open and Normally Closed options and rated
to 24 volts/lamp resistive
Alarm supplied with "connector plug" for ease of installation Built in sounder to give a minimum sound output of 85dB at 3m Senses smoke using the light scatter principlequick response to visible smouldering smoke, test button simulates smoke - use to check performance at least monthly, option current 10uA, alarm current 30mA.
5 year guarantee (limited)
|IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:
|1. This smoke alarm requires constant 12-30V DC power, AC power 110-240 volt AND DC 9-volt battery to operate properly. This smoke alarm WILL NOT work if AC power is not connected or has failed or been interrupted for any reason AND the battery is
removed, drained or improperly connected. DO NOT use any other kind of battery except as specified in this manual. DO NOT connect this smoke alarm to any other type of smoke alarm or auxiliary device, except those listed in this manual.
2. The test button accurately tests all smoke alarm functions. Do not use any other test method. Test smoke alarm weekly to ensure proper operation.
3. DO NOT remover nr disconnect battery or turn off AC power to quiet unwanted alarms. This will remove your protection. Open windows or fan the air around smoke alarm silence it.
4. This smoke alarm should be installed only by a licensed, qualified electrician Observe and follow all local and national electrical and building codes for installation.
5. This smoke alarm is designed to be used inside a single family only. In multifamily buildings, each individual living unit should have its own smoke alarms. Do not install in non-residential buildings. And this smoke alarm is not a substitute for a complete alarm system.
6. Install a smoke alarm in every room and on every level of the home. Smoke may not reach the smoke alarm for many reasons. For example, if a fire starts in a remote part of the home, on another level, in a chimney, wall, roof, or on the other side of a closed door, smoke may not reach the smoke alarm in time to alert household members. A smoke alarm will not promptly detect a fire except in the area or room in which it is installed.
7. Smoke alarms may not alert every household member every time. The alarm horn is loud in order to alert individuals to a potential danger. However, there may be limiting circumstances where a household member may not hear the alarm (i.e. outdoor or indoor noise, sound sleepers, drug or alcohol usage, the hard of hearing, etc.). If you suspect that this smoke alarm may not alert a household member, install and maintain specialty smoke alarms. Household member must hear the alarm’s warning sound and quickly respond to it to reduce the risk of damage, injury, or death that may result from fire. If a household member is hard of hearing, install special smoke alams with lights or vibrating devices to alert occupants.
8. Smoke alarms can only sound their alarms when they detect smoke. Smoke alarms detect combustion particles in the air. They do not sense heat, flame, or gas. This smoke alarm is designed to give audible warning of a developing fire. However, many fires are fast-burning, explosive, or intentional. Others are caused by carelessness or safety hazards. Smoke may not reach the smoke alarm QUICKLY ENOUGH to ensure safe escape.
9. Smoke alarms have Iimitations. This smoke alarm is not foolproof and is not warranted to protect lives or property from fire. Smoke alarms are not a substitute for insurance. Homeowners and renters should insure their lives and property. In addition, it
is possible for the smoke alarm to fail at ,any time. For this reason, you must test the smoke alarm weekly and replace every 5 years.